Monday, June 1, 2009

Killing Time

Well my pregnancy is finally coming to an end. I have waited a long 9 months for this day. Tomorrow I will be induced at 5 AM. I tried all last week to put myself into labor...with unfortunately, no luck. I walked 4 miles one day, 7 miles the next. I ran up and down bleachers (over and over and over again), I did too many squats to count. I ate everything under the sun that has ever been used to help induce labor....I ate Macaroni and Cheese with A1 sauce, egg plant, walnuts, fresh pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, and a few other things. We tried things in the bed room. I guess our little guy just wasn't quiet ready to make his debut. Well, now my doctor has said he's been in long enough. I will be 39 weeks and 1 day tomorrow. He is expected to be a little under 8 lbs (a little big for me). That is why they are inducing me. They are afraid that I might not be able to deliver him naturally if they don't get him out soon. They would have induced me a week ago, however, it is now against WV law to induce prior to 39 weeks unless it is life threatening. Now with all that being said, I have worked since early this morning getting my house in order. I'm just about done, and well...I am having regular contractions (they aren't real painful though). So maybe he's decided he wants to come on his own after all...I guess well see. He's gotta wait a few more hours though until my doctor is on call. No matter what though...I will be holding him in my arms by sometime tomorrow...whether he comes on his own or needs a little help. Now to go back to last week. Once the weekend hit, my doctor was out of town...so I stopped trying to do things that would push things along. I haven't come this far to have another doctor deliver him (if at all possible). So I needed to do a few things to help keep me busy. Some of things that I did included: making the block letters to spell out his name. They turned out pretty well, not as cute as I hoped, but not too bad; I also made Aleigha a "Big Sister" shirt, and then decided to make Brenton a "Little Brother" onesie. I'm pretty proud of them, I think they turned out really cute. I had made Aleigha's shirt first and then found the design for Brenton's. I later found the same design that I made for Brenton, but says "Big Sister." So tonight I am making Aleigha another shirt that will match Brenton's. Also this weekend, I got my hair cut. I am very satisfied with it. It is very quick to do. Aleigha and I went to Blennerhasset Island with my mom and dad and my Uncle Bob. Aleigha got to pet a horse; she thought it was the coolest thing ever. We have been spending a lot of time with Uncle Bob. He really enjoys Aleigha's company, and Aleigha really enjoys him. Yesterday we went to Chris' mom's house and went swimming in the lake...well, Aleigha went swimming. She absolutely loved it!! I think she will really enjoy the summer. Anways, the weekend really has flown by. Now I'm just dreading tonight...because I know I won't sleep well. And then I have to wake up around 3 or 3:30 and out the door by 4. So yeah...I will have a busy day tomorrow...lol. Well, next time I post a blog...it should have pictures of our little Brenton.

My new hair cut

Aleigha and Brenton's shirts

Brenton's "Little Brother" shirt

Aleigha's "Big Sister" shirt

Close Up of the block letters

The completed project

No comments: