Thursday, June 4, 2009

Big Sister/Little Brother Bonding

Brenton and I were released from the hospital shortly after 24 hours after he was born. I am doing pretty well. I'm not really sore or anything...I'm just getting the after birth contractions..especially when Brenton nurses. I have to admit though, that they are pretty painful, but at least not constant. After Chris and I got my prescriptions filled, we went to my parents to pick up Aleigha. She was happy to see us and Brenton. However, she did not want anyone else to hold or even touch Brenton except for her. When we told her she had to sit down to hold him, she started her high pitch scream that we haven't heard in months. I was very nervous how things would go at home. Especially the first few days because Chris had to return to work. Luckily though, I have a very loving little sister who was willing to jump in and help. My parents took my Uncle Bob back to NJ and Molly decided to stay at our house and help me out. So far she has been a big help. She watched both kids while I took a nap this morning and got a shower. Aleigha has been loving the extra attention. And fortunately, last night was not a peek at how things were going to be. Aleigha slept peacefully through the night in her own room and then woke up this morning. I went to get her out of bed and she picked up the doll that Brenton gave her and said "Baby....Thank you Brenton." It was the cutest thing...my heart just melted. Then she kept asking for him. We were able to make it through breakfast and getting dressed before Brenton woke up. She immediately gave him a big hug and kiss. She has been very gentle with him. The hardest thing of all is the nursing. I was not able to completely break Aleigha of nursing before Brenton was born. However, she would nurse no more than once a day, and often she would go a day or two without nursing. She is completely okay with the fact that she has to "share" with Brenton; however, she insists that she nurses at the very same time he does. Today we had company and I started to nurse Brenton. She got very upset and when I told her it was just his turn, she started crying, "Boobie...NOW!" I knew she needed a nap, so I put Brenton in his bed and then tried to nurse her. She started crying again and kept saying "Brenton too." So needless to say, I nursed my two babies at the same time. Hopefully this doesn't last too long...we'll see. Anyways, I have posted some pretty cute pictures of the two of them together.

This is the girl that absolutely hates swings...but once she saw Brenton in it, she insisted getting in, and believe it or not, she liked it. Good thing she is still under the weight requirement...lol.


Holding Brenton on her lap

Comforting her crying brother

She looks soooo big compared to him!!!

In their matching Big sister/Little brother shirts...
he was just as glued to Blues Clues as she was

She really does love him

Putting her head to his

She holds him very well

Gently rubbing his cheek

Just after giving him a kiss


1 comment:

Wade said...

That is so cute! It makes me excited to have two kids and we still are waiting for our first. I really like the part in the video when she helps Brenton blow a kiss. That is so cute. I can't wait to meet him and see Aleigha again.
-Wade