Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Piggy, Piggy, Piggy

As you can probably tell, I am trying to write a post every week...so far, so good. Brenton just turned 3 weeks yesterday, and he's growing like a weed. Our home scale says he weighs 8 1/2 lbs (about a pound bigger than his birth weight). Aleigha is also growing a bunch...she weighs 19 1/2 lbs...lol..can you believe it...almost 2, and doesn't even weigh 20 lbs. I think Brenton will out past her weight before he's 8 months.
Anyways, we've had a another good week. We spent a great Father's Day with my Dad and Molly coming over for the day to eat, play games, and watch a movie. We had a great time. Aleigha enjoyed swimming and the play ground at Gramma and Grampa Richie's house (Unfortunatly, I didn't have my camera with me at the lake).
Aleigha loves the fact that all her grandparents and so many cousins live so close by and that we can visit with family a couple times a week. I have to admit...I love it too. Our parents have come to the rescue several times in babysitting, coming along on trips, and doing whatever they can to help us out. They are really great. We have talked about moving, but I do not want to leave so many family members. I love being so close to so many.
My posts are always sooo long, so this time I thought I'd just write about a couple of highlights of things that happened this week. First, Chris put Brenton on the floor for some tummy time. Then he left the room for just a minute. Aleigha was NOT in the room when she left, however, I think she has parent radar that lets her know when Brenton is available to play...on her terms. Well, it wasn't more than 20 or 30 seconds from when I heard Chris leave the room to when I hear..."Help, help...heavy, heavy"...I run into the living room to see Aleigha actually carring Brenton. Aleigha responds with, "Help, mom, heavy." She had walked about 3 or 4 feet with him. I have to admit though, she was doing a pretty good job. She had him under the arms, and she wasn't dragging him on the floor. As much as I wish I had a picture of it...I don't think it would have been very good parenting skills by leaving them alone again to go find and get my camera ready. As you can tell, it's a lot to adjusting to having 2 kids, and Chris and I still have a lot to learn.
So for another cute thing Aleigha has been doing, is playing "This Little Piggy" with Brenton's toes and her own toes. She will wiggle his or her toes and say "piggy, piggy, piggy." I will say the beginning of each line and she will finish. The following is the poem (the regular print words are what I say, and the bold print words are what Aleigha says):

This little piggy went to the market.
This little piggy stayed home.
This little piggy had cream (what she calls ice cream).
This little piggy had yogurt (no idea where this one came from).
And this little piggy went wee, wee, wee, wee, wee. (as she tickles Brenton or herself up their legs).

Oh...he is sooo precious

Her newest thing....pouting...anytime she gets in trouble (or even things she's in trouble)...she goes to the swing...leans in..(usually covers her eyes)...and does a fake cry..it's the funniest thing...you can't help but laugh

Sharing secrets


Giving kisses

Chris put their car seats next to each other so I could sit more comfortably in the back seat...never again though...Aleigha kept sticking her foot on him...she wanted him to smell her feet...some big sister..huh...lol.

Me and my baby girl

Best shot I could get with her and the flowers

You can't help but to love her to pieces

She loves her swing at Gramma's and Grampa Richie's house

Brenton's "girl-getting" outfit...he's such a stud

Sporting his swim trunks..the beginning of a smile

smile getting bigger...look at that dimple..so adorable

WOW!!! A full blown smile...gotta love it.


Aleigha is still our little ham...she's such a character..I love it!

She climbed into Brenton's napper (in the pack-n-play),
pulled up the blanket, and acted as if she was asleep
(don't let her fool you though...she was wide awake when this pic was taken)

Me and my precious babies

Aleigha feel asleep in her high chair while eating lunch...so cute


1 comment:

The Webbs said...

Oh My, 3 weeks into parenting with two wee little ones! I love seeing the pictures! Brenton is just as handsome as can be! And Aleigha has grown so much, and is such a beauty! By the way, Happy Belated Birthday! I'm very sorry that I let it slip by me! Tell Chris Nate, Trinity & I said "Hi", and hugs for all of you, double for the little ones!