Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Poor Aleigha

On July 7 we were at my nephew's baseball game. We were having a good time watching the game and playing in the grass. Aleigha was getting to play with her cousins Maddie and Abbie...so of course she was having a great time. Well, towards the end of the game, Aleigha and I were sitting on the grass. I looked down and saw that she had picked one of those white little flowers (technically a weed) and rubbing it between her thumb and her index finger. I pulled her hand up closer to realize it was a BEE!!!! I freaked, and picked the bee from her fingers and threw it. It was then that she let out a blood curdling scream. I looked at her finger to see the stinger stuck in her little index finger. Thank goodness my mom was there, while I was freaking and crying...she was getting the stinger out. Sometimes moms need moms. I was nervous that she might be allergic to them. Her finger swelled a little. Luckily there was a concession stand at the game, so I was able to put some ice on it. Aleigha cried pretty hysterically for about 5-7 mins. Once I realized she wasn't going to blow up like a balloon, I decided to give a cure that I knew would hold up. And the sure fire cure was nursing her. After about 3 mins of nursing...she smiled and came up to play. Her finger stayed swollen for a couple of hours. When she waved bye-bye to her Mee-Ma and Pee-Pa, all her fingers made a fist...except for that little swollen index finger..it stuck straight out. I felt so bad for her. It was sooo sad. My little girl is a trooper...she recovered well and quickly. A little more quickly them me even.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey your blog is looking awesome! We miss you guys, and love you. Give Aleigha's hand some kisses for us. Poor thing!