Sunday, July 20, 2008

Becoming a Little Swimmer

Well...it's summer time, and Aleigha and I don't do a whole lot but go swimming. We try to go on just about every nice day. I'd say we usually go about 4 times a week. Like I've said in other posts, Aleigha loves the water. She is now actually swimming (about the way any 9 month old would swim). She was sitting on a step, playing with a ball in the water. She let go of the ball and it floated just out of her reach. So she did what any baby would...kicked herself off the step, went completely under the water, and grabbed the ball. Don't worry...her Uncle Wade was there with her the whole time, and I was just a few feet away. But that was when Wade grabbed her and she came back up. Now of course, it all happened in about 1/2 a second. He then showed me what she was doing. So we kept putting her back on the step and each time putting the ball a little further away. And each time, she would go as far as the ball. I was really excited about it. I went home and looked up baby swim on the internet. I know that it's easier to teach babies to swim then it is to wait until they are older. But I have never seen it before. I found some really neat videos online. I want her to "really" learn...the proper way how to swim. Next time I go to the pool, I will def. be bringing my camera so I can catch this amazing feat on video.

1 comment:

The Webbs said...

I want a puppy! Not sure if Nate will let me have one though...But I want one!

Love Loves,
Missy