Friday, November 20, 2009

Simple Joys of Motherhood

There are lots of simple joys of motherhood. Every day my children do things that make being a mother the best job in the world. But yesterday, something happened that was extra special. In my last post, I mentioned how Brenton has been reaching for anything and everything. He was in his walker, playing with a toy. He started to get a little fussy. When I went to get him out, I noticed the toy had fallen into the walker. I put the toy back up top and Brenton stopped crying. I thought that was all he wanted so I started walking away. When I got behind Brenton, and he could not see me anymore, he started to cry again. I went back and put my arms out to lift him out. He also lifted both his arms up and reached out for me. I know this was such a little act that from now on will happen over and over again. But any mom and dad, now that the first time a child reaches for you, your heart melts. I love my little ones.

Thor kept licking Brenton's hands, and every time he did Brenton would laugh and laugh. Every time Thor stopped, Brenton would reach out and stick his hand in front of Thor's mouth. He was quite a sight.

I bought some Christmas decorations and decided instead of storing them for a few weeks, why not decorate a little early. Aleigha did a great job helping to put the ornaments on the tree. She's doing pretty good taking them off too...but she makes sure to always put them back.
We had a fun night decorating the house followed by all four of us dancing in the living room to Christmas music.

Thor is having an identity crisis...he's not sure if he's dog or human

Aleigha decided she would help make it move, since Brenton's feet didn't quite reach the floor.

We brought out Aleigha's old walker for Brenton...however, she insisted on reminiscing on happy memories.


No comments: