Wednesday, September 9, 2009

just hanging about

Sorry it's been a little time since I last wrote...pretty much because not a lot has happened in the last few weeks. I have been enjoying time as a mom to my two wonderful children. The last couple of weeks I have been working on completing a substitute training course. Today I had an interview for a substitution position...I think it went pretty well. If it didn't...well then, more time with my babies :). Otherwise, I'm pretty excited about working a couple of days a week. I still have to complete some classroom observation and get a permit...so it will still take some time before I even know anything. Anyways, we've been having a good time just hanging out at home and spending time with friends and family. Brenton is getting to be a very big boy. He weighs about 11 1/2 lbs now. He's rolling over a lot more now, grabbing things, smiling and laughing all the time. He brings a lot of joy to our family. Aleigha is growing up all too quick as well. She is learning every day. She is so smart and so much fun. These two kids together are mine and Chris' pride and joy. We are a very blessed and fortunate.

Where did our little girl go?? I think she skipped being a toddler and went straight to pre-school age. (Sorry it's sideways.)

Aleigha pulling Brenton around in her wagon.

Just hanging out

Maddie and Aleigha posing for the camera

a bowl of ice and a couple of cups and these girls were kept busy for a couple of hours

Aleigha wanted to redecorate Molly's bday cake

Aleigha hanging out at the "big kid" table of Molly's surprise party...and fitting right in

The girls at Molly's surprise party

Aleigha and Daddy bowling

My parents threw Molly a surprise party for her 16th birthday at the bowling alley. It was a great time.

My beautiful baby girl

trying out the see-saw


having a fun time at the park


climbing up the slide



my little beauty





Alright...I know this last video of Brenton isn't much to brag about...but the smile at the very beginning is worth it. I wish it was a picture rather than a video, but it is what it is. He was constantly smiling for seriously 10 mins before I took the video...then he decided to stop. But there aren't a whole lot of pictures of him in the blog, so I wanted to add something of my amazing little boy.

3 comments:

tomsfamily said...

Hey I know Maddie and Kaya look alot alike and so do you putting Kayas name on a Maddie picture. LOL They are getting so big. Love ya guys and miss ya.

Mom said...

I loved the video of Brenton smiling and the one of Aleigha singing and dancing to Annie! Also the pictures at the park were amazing!! We love to see the pictures on your blog. We love you all!!
Love forever, MOM and DAD

Laura said...

I continue to love your blog every time I check up on it. Oliver and Brenton have a couple of the same outfits hanging around their wardrobes it looks like. The little dinosaur polo romper (yellow and navy blue)...and the little gray and blue striped overall shorts w/ the blue shirt, though I see Brenton's not wearing his shirt in these pics. Too bad we don't live closer so we can get pictures of them together in these outfits before they both outgrow them. Brenton looks like Oliver even with these outfits on. Miss you guys!