Monday, March 28, 2011

New Developments

Life is very busy with 3 young children, but I am loving every minute of it...well, almost every minute. My days consist of cleaning, cooking, feeding, diapering, cleaning, cooking, feeding, diapering. I actcually made myself a sticker chart to make sure I am spending enough quality/learning time with Aleigha and Brenton....how sad is it that I have to have a sticker chart to spend time with my kids???  I felt like I was getting so caught up in the whole cleaning/cooking routine, that the time I did spend with the kids wasn't quality and that I wasn't teaching them like I should. So my chart consists of things like: literacy (ABC's), math (counting), exercise, music, art, creative play, dramatic play, etc. And I allow Aleigha to add the stickers so that's an added plus. I realize now, that I am able to get much more done around the house and spend the much needed time with each of the kids :). It has made life easier...and a lot less dreadful. So any of you who find yourself stuck in the same routine....make yourself a stick chart...it just might pay off.

Chris and I have started working out 3 days a week. I feel great after working out. I am so glad that we got back into that routine. I've gone in the gym w/ a migrane headache and have walked out feeling rejuvinated. It's also helping with those few extra baby pounds that I'm having a little harder losing this time around.

We are all doing really well. The kids are continuing to grow, and they amaze me each and every day.

Aleigha: almost 3 1/2, weighs 26 lbs (still a tiny little thing), loves her dance class and is doing great, also loves going to story hour at the library once a week, continues to blow our minds and sometimes almost pee our pants at the hilarious and profound things she says. She is an amazing little helper, and her fashion skills are turning out quite nice as she changes at least 4 times a day and choses her own outfits :).

Brenton: almost 22 months, weighs 21 lbs, for those of you who know him, he has always been a late bloomer. However, you have always seen his little mind working and the gears turning. He is a bright little boy. We always joke how Aleigha is going to be the lawyer and Brenton the doctor....we're awaiting to see how Kenli's personality develops...but I am sure we will feel she will be something amazing as well. Anyways, for months and months, the only thing Brenton would said was "What's this?" or "Whose this?" However, the last couple of months his vocabulary has grown a few words at a time. However, the last few weeks, his vocab has been growing like crazy. My favorite thing he says, "I wove you." He loves to play with his big sister and loves to cuddle with his little sister. He is such a loving little boy. I love his random kisses. He also loves to dance to music and even do the gymnastic moves that Aleigha teaches him...maybe he'll be like his Daddy and be in gymnastics when he's a little older.

Kenli: 2 months old, weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 3/4 inches at her 7 wk apt. On 3/21 (8 wks old) she rolled over for the first time from belly to back. She continued to roll over several times. Also this week, during belly time, she has straightened her legs and lifted her whole body, making a triange w/ the ground. I am amazed at how strong she is.  She also does great at lifting her head, neck, and chest off the ground.  We have gotten lucky again with such a pleasent little baby. She loves to interact with others and she smiles all the time. It amazes us and all those who know her how content and happy she is....even with Brenton and Aleigha climbing all over her. If she cries it's one of three reasons...she's had a blow out diaper (if it's not a blow out-she doesn't cry), she's hungry, or she's ready for bed. She also is a great sleeper. She has slept through the night (8 hours+) about 4 or 5 different times, and several nights over 7 hours, and rarely does she go less than 6 hours before waking up. I am very excited to see all the developments over the next few months.

As of right now, (and I say "as of right now" b/c it is subject to change) we believe Kenli is our last child. We both feel really good about our family right now, and it seems complete. However, saying "you're done" seems so final and sad. We don't want to say that until we know with 100% assurity that we're done...and who knows if we will ever say that. But as of right now, we are taking stronger means to not get pregnant. We will reassess our feelings and situation in a few more years. So, needless to say, I am trying to soak in all the major developments and hold on to them with Kenli, because she very well may be our last little baby.

As for Chris and I: Chris is still working hard at home. The company is doing very well which means Chris is doing very well. I just started going back to work as a substitute teacher (March 25th). I will probably work any where from 1-3 days a week, depending on how I am feeling. With working as a full time sub last semester, I have made a "home" in the middle school, so I am offered plenty of days to work in just that school alone. I have also been called as the youth Sunday school teacher at church. Things are going well so far with that...I just hope that I can teach them the way they deserve. We are also thinking about starting one or more business adventures-possibly getting another American Bulldog and breeding it with Thor. If anyone is interested in having an American Bulldog...come to us :).

Pictures to come.

No comments: