Monday, October 19, 2009

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY ALEIGHA!!!

I can't believe my little girl is 2!!! It's crazy how time has flown by. Although she is pretty tiny, she doesn't seem like a two year old to me. She is so full of personality and spunk that you would think she was going on about 10. She will always be my baby girl. She is soo much fun to be around. She's not just my daughter, but she is becoming one of my best friends. It's amazing how a 2 year old can be there for you, to make everything all better (I'm sure anyone else who is a parent understands what I am saying, and anyone who is not, will realize soon enough when you are a parent.) For instance, I was laying on the couch, suffering from a migraine headache a few days ago and was crying. She came to me with a sympathetic 2 year old voice, held my face with both her hands, and kissed my forehead and said, "Feel better mommy." Today, she came into my bed to wake me up, after she was successful at her task, I looked at her and told her that she was beautiful. She responded with a bashful, embarrassed but most certainly flattered, "Don't tell me that mom." I felt like I was talking to an adult friend who was trying to be modest. She just seems beyond her 2 years.
On her birthday, Oct. 6, we had a big party planned for her. However, we had just gotten back from Fl, and realized we were no where ready for a big party. So we rescheduled the big party and threw her a party at home with us, my parents, Molly and her boyfriend, my sister Julie and her children, and Chris' mom. We had lots of fun, and Aleigha was so into it. She definitely knew this party was for her. As for the big party with additional family and friends, was canceled once again due to the weather forecast (which turned out to be wrong). In turn, we decided the one party was enough and we have decided not to throw her another party until she turns 3. The day after her birthday, Chris and I decided to take her to El' Ranchero's. And of course, like always, that was a blast as well. Hope you enjoy all the pictures.


Brenton wanted to test out the sombrero from El' Ranchero's

celebrating Aleigha's birthday at El' Ranchero's (just the 4 of us)

After she was sung Feliz Couplianos to
we told her that Dora's cousins were going to sing to her so she wouldn't be scared

showing off her new age..after lots of practice w/ putting just those 2 fingers up

Aleigha playing dress up with the tiara and jewelery set, and shoes (unfortunately that were cut off) that Brenton gave her for her bday

showing off her new sweater that Grandma and Poppa Richie gave her...an absolutely adorable sweater

Daddy and Brenton hanging out at Aleigha's party

reading her card

she liked all her presents, but this Dora doll from Grandma and Pop was by far her favorite, she went crazy over it, especially when she realized Dora talked and danced

opening presents

trying to get everyone who was there on camera





Aleigha's Dora cookie cake and cookies


she kept picking at the icing...look close at that finger

she was so stoked about the chairs I brought home for her, for all the little girls that would be at the party (Aleigha, Maddie, and Abbie)


No comments: